TOURISM / ACTIVITIES / LEISURE
Cultural heritage sites deserve your visit
Recommandations, nearby :
- A walk down the streets of Montbéliard : it was the wedding in 1407
between Henriette , heiress of the Montbéliard earldom with a young duke of
Württemberg , which gave the city its German charm which is preserved
today. The castle dominates small brightly coloured houses and a 17th
- A stroll in the Gallo-Roman theatre in Mandeure, located close to our house,
- A visit to the Sacré-Coeur church in Audincourt where you can admire the
famous stained-glass windows by Léger.
- the Peugeot Adventure Museum recounting the long industrial epic and
showing a great range of vehicules : old cars, futurist prototypes, racing cars
and more …
Our house is ideally placed for visiting places a short drive away
either in Franche-Comté, Alsace or Switzerland .
- The Dessoubre valley : a spectacular enclosed valley,
- The Doubs waterfall and beautiful landscapes of the Haut-Doubs,
- The wine road in Alsace and Colmar (one hour drive),
- Saint Ursanne, medieval village on the swiss border, …
- And many more …
In the Pays de Montbéliard , nature is always in our life …
- Walking : there are many places to walk in the Doubs. The great Jura trail
(GTJ), starts 3 km from our house. This footpath passes through the Jura
mountains from Mandeure to Culoz, 400 km south. Mountain bikes can also
be used on this trail.
- Cycling : from our house, your can access the Eurovelo6 (Nantes-Budapest).
This cycling path following the Doubs river or the canal provides beautiful
landscapes … green meadows with Montbeliard cattle grazing peacefully …
- golf : a 18 hole golf course is located 15 minutes away in Prunevelle,
A wonderful event : Montbéliard Christmas Lights !
During the whole Advent period, a large Christmas market nestles at the foot
of Saint Martin’s church. More than 130 artisans show off their crafts such as
Christmas decorations, nativity figures, flavours and scents, wood toys,
gingerbread, foie gras, festive fair, …
Take the time to taste our regional products …
- The genuine Montbéliard sausage and more French salt-cured meat like
smoked ham , Morteau sausage, Bresi, … with Comté cheese and Jura wines !
- M. Debrie, a master chocolate maker works with passion and creativity to
make wonderful delights !
Information and maps can be provided.